Christmas & 2020

Happy new year!!

Currently still in 2019 as I am writing this but when I publish this in a few days we'll already be counting days for the end of the next year and decade. Lol hopefully not though.

Christmas

On Christmas eve I called back home to my family. There At my house, having christmas dinner was my mom, my dad, my sister and her boyfriend, my grandparents and my uncle's family, as in my cousins. I also called separately to my aunt and cousins who weren't there and wished them merry christmas. I've actually never seen a christmas dinner so big at my house, and of course just this year I wasn't invited :( ahaha no just kidding I had a great christmas dinner with my family here in Chile. The actual dinner was a bit different from the usual traditional Finnish christmas dinner but it was really good, and we spent pretty much the whole day preparing it and the cocktails that came before the dinner. After eating we opened presents. My mom and sister had sent me a package here which arrived luckily on the 23rd of December, just before christmas. The package contained bread, chocolate, gingerbreads and a few letters. They also included some presents to my family which was really sweet. Now I just have to constantly go to the local post office to see if the christmas presents my aunt and grandma sent me have arrived..
Altogether christmas here was a really nice experience here and I felt like home, even though it didn't feel like christmas with about +30°C and a power outage caused by the strong wind :D


Between Christmas eve and new year's eve I was hanging out a lot with my friends and family, doing pretty much nothing, suffering from a food coma. But I had fun.

New year!! (and a decade obviously can't skip that part)

New year's eve we were together with some family and family friend's, ate a lot (for a change) and when the year changed we ate 3 spoonfuls of lentils and 12 grapes for money and good luck or something like that and we went for a lap around the swimming pool with a suitcase, for lots of travels this year :D After all that we danced, and later at night we went to a friend's party with my sister, which later led to me going to sleep at 6am but I don't regret it. Altogether new year's was great, at least much better than last year (which wasn't hard to do since last year I was alone on a bus stop)

After new years I've just been hanging out with friends and family. We went to La Rufina (a river about an hour away from San Fernando) one day and I totally broke my phone and now I have to buy a new one... oops. 
My host mom also fell and broke three bones from her foot and now can't walk properly, which is kind of concerning because she does a lot of stuff in the house and I sincerely don't know how things are gonna work out without her in the picture... but we'll see about that. 


I'm also starting to stress out again about stupid shit which is not a good sign, I feel a breakdown coming but we'll see about that as well ahahaha. Anyways during the holidays I've been swimming a lot and planning my trip to the South, so like, chill stuff. I've also gotten quite tanned (or like quite tanned for me, as I am in fact, white as a paper) and of course sunburned from my face. But things are good. I want to wish you all a happy new year, I hope 2020 started off great. I've currently been 5 months here in Chile, which has been a wild ride, and I kinda feel lucky that I still have over half of my exchange left since the time is flying by. Until the next one,

Saara

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

How's life now?

Here's what's up

Chilen tämänhetkinen tilanne